Saturday, May 10, 2014

Hopes and Dreams for Just Good Food


I'm not a huge fan of eating out. Every time I do so, it's usually on vacation under duress as my family is hungry and wants to eat NOW. I've become good at using my phone and websites like Urban Spoon. It used to be my mom used the Triple A book of reviews, an American car trip/glove box staple, to find someplace to eat. For tomorrow, the 'restaurant' I'm planning to review is Just Good Food, unless some random act of God gets in my way. Just Good Food is a combination deli/cafeteria, which I usually encounter only in grocery stores. I have memories of Safeways and faux Asian food sitting inside steel trays under glass. I hoping from the photos I've seen of green interiors and wooden tables the place will be homely, but that's a tad better than chain store squeaky clean. I'm also hoping the place won't be dead around lunch time, because that would kill the ambiance. A empty restaurant is a worrisome restaurant. However, I've also only heard good things about JGF from friends. Some reviews from a few years ago on Urban Spoon said service was slow, but I take most reviews with a grain of salt. I trust word of mouth more, and having two or three people I know tell me about a place is enough to convince me to at least check it out. Also, I've got two friends coming with me so we can try lots of food. I'm concerned we may be let down, but good company usually makes up for a bad meal. I am an anxious eater, and if the food or ambiance isn't up to my standards, the control freak side of me will mutter it would have been better to eat in, where I can control everything.  I often like to say I have a plan A, B, and C so if JGF isn't what we want to eat and instead have to walk out, I have other restaurants in mind, like Tap House. Nonetheless, I'm sure the meal will be fresh, delicious, and most of all, not too expensive for three people.



No comments:

Post a Comment